The Socks For Seniors Holiday Sock Drive collects and distributes new socks to local nursing home residents and senior shut-ins. Our goal is to provide each of them at least one pair. The campaign runs from November 1st to December 5th. This is a great project for families, offices, churches, sports teams and clubs.
How to Participate:
1. Schedule a date for your Socks for Seniors Drive and announce that you will be accepting donations of new, adult socks to be distributed to isolated seniors throughout the local community.
2. Decorate a Sock Box (or several boxes) – Any box. Any size. Any decoration. (Holiday wrapping paper is fun!) Hang a copy of the provided box sign on your decorated box.
3. Place your box in a high traffic area where people in your company (or group, neighborhood, church, etc.) can contribute.
4. Deliver socks by December 5, 2018 at one of the following drop off locations:
– Life Essentials at 40 S. Perry St., Suite 130, Downtown Dayton
– American Family Insurance at 25 S. Detroit St. in Downtown Xenia
– WesBanco at 3216 Seajay Dr. in Beavercreek
5. Life Essentials will then distribute the collected socks to isolated seniors throughout the local community during the month of December.
6. Contact Kathy or Julie at Life Essentials – 937-586-0545 with any questions or if you need assistance.